2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Friday, February 21, 2014

New Paper A La Mode Challenge

Happy Saturday, friends.  Today is a busy day for me.  I've got tons of errands to run and my daughter is cashing in one of her Christmas coupons for lunch.  I made her a coupon book and gave it to her for Christmas.  There are coupons for lunches together, playdates at the park, game nights, snuggling and a movie.  Just different things so that she can pick when we spend time together.  We are together all day every day, but I figured this way, she would feel special being able to cash in her coupon and have Mommy's attention all to herself.

Our new challenge over at Paper A La Mode (must become a member of The Outlawz to participate) is "Flowers".  Our sponsor this week is Scrapbook Stamp Society and the prize is 2 images from Sherry's store.

The Design Team used Sherry's images and this is what I came up with:
This little cutie is called Sweet Marylou Bestie.  I have really gotten into making my own flowers.  I don't know how to make anything but roses, but I can make them in the colors, patterns or sizes I need them.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope to see some of y'all's entries over at Paper A La  Mode this week.  Have a great weekend and God bless.

Recipe:
Image: Scrapbook Stamp Society
Sentiment: Cards TV
Coloring Medium: Crayola Colored Pencils, Gamsol, Sakura Glitter Pens, BIC Marker
Cardstock: SU, Colorbok
Paper: not sure--it's from my stash before I started keeping my paper pads together
Roses: handmade with a punch, (greenery from a friend)
Pearls: Queen and Co.
Tools: Fiskar's Trimmer, ATG Gun, Pop Dots, Hot Glue Gun, Spellbinders Classic Circles Large, Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Circles Petite, EK Success 5 petal flower punch, 

Challenges:
Avenue 613--#59  Anything Goes
Besties--Bingo Challenge: Flowers, Ribbon, Pink
Crafting from the Heart--#7 Anything Goes/Use Flowers
Scrapbook Stamp Society--#35 Make Your Own Flowers
Papertake Weekly--Lovely Layers
CMC Copics Challenge--February Anything Goes
Kitty Bee Designs--#17 Red/Pink

11 comments:

  1. Great card thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the artful and delicate coloring of your image. Those bountiful flowers are gorgeous accents. Thanks for stopping by our house at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW what a gorgeous card, I like this very much
    lovely flowers as well!
    Thank you for participating ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge
    Gr.Kaija DT-member

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emily what a gorgeous card you have made.


    Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator


    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card I love besties digis and your colouring is fab thank you for joining in with us at CFTH and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Ems! This is just so adorable! Love the composition and presentation. Thanks for slipping this under our door here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your Bestie!!!

    Thanks for joining us at CMC.

    Jenn
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card, love the image! Thanks for joining us at Crafting From The Heart! Angie-DT

    http://angiescraftblog.blogspot.com/
    http://angiesdigistamps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous. So lovely, the whole design, and colors. Thank you for joining us at the
    Besties challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card in beautiful colours. Thanks for sharing it with us at my Besties. Hope to see you back for more challenges. Hugs from Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a lovely card, however I am afraid our challenge this week at PTW is a Sketch free for all and not Lovely Layers, if you have used one of our sketches but just forgotten to change the name of your link please do so and state which one you have used :) Thank you :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.